2011 Renaissance Martial Arts Festival
Download the flyer (PDF) for this year’s festival
This year’s Renaissance Martial Arts Festival will be November 5th and 6th. For more than ten years we’ve gathered our closest martial friends together to share their arts in a friendly and open environment travelling from up and down the east coast and as far away as California to teach at this event.
This year will feature a mix of new and old faces, with most instructors teaching two sessions. There will also be at least one intensive round-robin session as well where multiple instructors will team-teach, building off of each other’s respective systems.
The festival participants experience new martial arts and learn ideas and approaches that they can apply to their own practice. All arts and experience levels are encouraged to participate.
The weekend is filled with numerous opportunities to receive hands on, personal instruction in these arts. Meet and work with other martial artists from the Rochester area. Saturday night features a group dinner, offering another opportunity for participants and instructors to mingle!
This year’s workshops will include:
- Sensei John Borter (Albany, NY) – Modern Self-Defense Concepts
- Sifu Raffi Derderian (Johnston, RI) – Jun Fan Jeet Kun Do / Kali
- Sensei John Farrar Sr. (Rochester, NY) – Brazilian & Japanese Jiu Jitsu
- Sifu Erik Harris (Alexandria, VA) – Liu Seong Gung Fu
- Sensei John Ingallina (Rochester, NY) – Koryu Uchinadi
- Sifu Frederick James (Rochester, NY) – Eagle Claw Kung Fu
- Sensei Aric Keyes (Fairport, NY) – 2 Person Empty Hand and Bo Sets
- Kru (trainer) Shaun Hahn (Webster, NY) – Muay Thai
- Coach Semion Kiriakidi (Rochester, NY) – Fencing
- Sifu Tom Moore (Fulton, NY) – Irish Stick (Shillelagh) Fighting
- Sensei Steve Pearlman (Avon, CT) – Genri-Ryu Bujutsu
- Sensei Kevin Suggs (Portchester, NY) – Goju Ryu Karate
- Rob Terlizzi (San Francisco, CA) – Sambo (Russian Grappling)
- Master Dominick Violante (Avon, CT) – Kempo Karate & Aikido
- Sifu Eric Winfree (Syracuse, NY) – Jun Fan Jeet Kun Do
We’ll continue to update the website and the event’s Facebook page as more instructors confirm.
Registration for the festival begins at 7.00 am, on Saturday the 5th. Workshops run from 8.00 am – 5.30 pm.
Admission, which includes water and light refreshments, is $50 a day or $90 for both days (the Dinner is not included… Price is TBD). There is a $15 discount for College Students. Please e-mail us about for group rates. Also, for those coming from out of town, there is a special lodging rate for the festival.
For a better idea about what the weekend is like visit our flickr gallery which features pictures from past festivals.